DENNIS THE MENACE PARK
Enjoy a giant kids' playground and park with fun activities for the entire family! Try out rock climbing, embark on an adventure through the maze, or relax with a family picnic.
DENNIS THE MENACE PLAYGROUND AND ACTIVITIES
The park has a famous playground with exciting play structures that your kids have never seen before. Older family members may enjoy the paddle boats at El Estero Lake within the larger El Estero Park Complex in downtown Monterey. The park also has a skate park, dance studio, and picnic area. Pick up convenient eats at the snack bar if you get hungry from all the activities!
Plan Your Trip Plan Your Trip
DENNIS THE MENACE HISTORY
The popular playground opened in 1956 and has been renovated several times to preserve its safety and beauty. The park is named after the cartoon character, Dennis the Menace, the brainchild of Hank Ketcham. Mr. Ketcham was a local resident and famous artist and writer.
Where is Dennis the Menace Park located and how do I get there from the Blu Pacific Hotel?
- Walking: Enjoy a pleasant 35 minute stroll through to reach the park.
- Driving: Parking is available at the park, and the drive takes approximately 4 minutes (1.5 miles) via Camino Aguajito.
What are the highlights of Dennis the Menace Park that Blu Pacific Hotel guests should not miss?
- Playground: Relive your childhood memories or watch the kids enjoy the iconic playground, featuring Mr. Wilson's house, swings, slides, and climbing structures.
- Picnic area: Pack a delicious picnic and enjoy a relaxing lunch or snack under the shade of the trees in the designated picnic area.
- Baseball field: Feeling sporty? Challenge your friends or family to a friendly game of baseball on the park's field.
- Walking paths: Explore the park's scenic walking paths, winding through natural areas and offering peaceful views.