Monterey Bay Recommendations - Top Things To DoMonterey, California is a vacation paradise with scores of fun things to do, all within minutes of Comfort Inn Monterey Bay hotel!
Here we share our top recommendations in Monterey and the surrounding area for maximizing your Monterey travel itinerary.
Best Monterey Restaurants
- Il Vecchio $$
- Whaling station prime Rib and Seafood $$$
- Fishwife $
- Provence Bakery $
- Sandbar and Grill $$
Top Attractions in Monterey
- Monterey Aquarium
- Cannery Row
- Fishemans Wharf
- 17 Mile Drive
- Big Sur
Top 5 Monterey Bike Trails
- Fisherman's wharf to lovers point(Beginner)
- Parker flats loop, fort ord public lands(Beginner)
- 17 Mile Drive(Beginner/Intermediate)
- Monterey to Marina on the monterey bay coastal recreation trail(Beginner/Intermediate)
- Hennekens ranch loop, fort ord piblic lands(Intermediate)
- Carmel Beach - Enjoy a romantic stroll on the white sandy beaches. The sunsets are spectacular at this location
- San Carlos Beach- San Carlos Beach is located at the end of Cannery Row and is a popular entry and exit point for deep sea divers.
- MacAbee Beach- MacAbee Beach is a small, gently beach along Cannery Row that's perfect for a
- Lover's Point- Lover's Point near Comfort Inn Monterey Bay is one of the top recommendations for watching the sunset over Monterey Bay.
- Marina State Beach- Located off Highway 1, just north of Monterey, Marina State Beach is a wide expanse perfect for jogging, kite flying and letting dogs run off leash.
Best Monterey Bay Golf Courses
- Pebble Beach Golf Links- The prestigious Pebble Beach Golf Links is consistently ranked among the top golf courses in the world. Pebble Beach is home to annual AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am golf tournament.
- The Links at Spanish Bay- The Links at Spanish Bay is an 18-hole Scottish links-style golf course located off 17-mile Drive in Carmel. Designated wildlife areas add excitement to a challenging game.
- Del Monte Golf Course- Del Monte Golf Course opened in 1897 and is the oldest golf course west of the Mississippi River.
- Bayonet Golf Course- Bayonet Golf Course opened in 1954 as one of two US Army golf courses at Fort Ord. Bayonet features no water hazards, yet plenty of challenging play.
- Spyglass Hill Golf Course- With a reputation as one of the most challenging PGA golf courses in the world, Spyglass Hill Golf Course attracts an esteemed clientele of golf's top players. Spyglass co-hosts the annual AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-AM tournament.
Top 5 Monterey Bay Tours
- Whale Watching- Experience larger than life marine mammals on an exciting Monterey whale watching tour with marine biologist and naturists.
- Path of History- Trace the steps of California history by following a series of yellow tiles embedded into sidewalks of Monterey's most storied streets.
- Monterey Bay Movie Tour- As one of the most scenic destinations in California, Monterey has been the stage for many Hollywood sensations. See where your favorite movie was filmed on this interactive Monterey movie tour.
- Ghost Tour of Old Monterey- Long before becoming a tourist playground, Monterey was a wild frontier for explorers, entrepreneurs, visionaries and hard working people. Learn why some never left.
- Wine Trolley Tours- Monterey County wines are world-class. Taste your way through Monterey's best vintages on a tasty wine trolley tour.
Top Kid Friendly Activities
- Monterey Bay Aquarium- Discover ocean living at its best at the world-renowned Monterey Bay Aquarium. Interactive exhibits help explain the unique wonders of Monterey Bay.
- Fisherman's Wharf- Saltwater taffy, sea otters, and sun bathing sea lions are just a few sights to see at Fisherman's Wharf.
- Dennis the Menace Park- Dennis the Menace Park is a top attraction for kids in Monterey. Whimsical playground equipment and obstacles offer hours of fun for young visitors.
- My Museum - Perfect for 8yr and under. Interactive displays. Entices creativity.
- Kayaking- Experience the beauty of Monterey Bay from the seat of an ocean kayak. Paddle along Fisherman's Wharf and Cannery Row, keeping an eye open for resident sea otters and seals.